With MailChimp’s exceptional marketing services and ability to integrate with webhosting services and platforms that ensure proper managerial roles for user’s websites and pages, website owners will have no issues integrating MailChimp into their website or forms. WPForms is a form-building site that provides website owners the best platform for form creation and design with easy-to-use tools and a simple interface for beginners. Users are provided with amazing features that ensure creativity on their sites with designs and forms that visitors can easily understand. With WPForm’s ability to integrate apps for eCommerce trading, and great hosting services, amongst others, users can explore their marketing strategy to the highest levels.
The MailChimp and WPForms Addon allow form owners to improve their marketing strategies as it enables users to perform some tasks automatically through its integration. Some tasks that are made possible and easier with MailChimp and WPForms integration include;
- Automatic assignment of MailChimp tag to customers/subscribers
- Optimization of MailChimp’s Powerful segmentation
- Utilization of WPForm’s smart tags
- An easy grouping of VIP users and several others
- It enables form owners to map out values on form fields to different custom fields on MailChimp, thereby giving them complete control.
- It enables the build-up and growth of email marketing list
- Improves follow-up from website visitors
To enjoy the simple but excellently designed tools of the email marketing platform provided by MailChimp and WPForms you will need to integrate the MailChimp plugin on WPForms and follow a few other steps. The simple and quick steps to enjoy simple email marketing from MailChimp and WPForms include;
The first step is to create a subscription form (MailChimp) in WpForm WordPress
- On your WordPress site, install and activate the WPForms Plugin
- Navigate to “Addons” on WPForms and search for the MailChimp Addon
- Click on the “Activate” button
- As soon as the WPForm addon is activated, navigate to “Add New” on WPForms to create or build a new form.
- A setup screen will appear with some empty fields to fill.
- Fill in details of your Form name
- Choose a template for your Newsletter Signup
- A basic form created by WPForms will appear on your screen
- You will be prompted to add more fields and customize the form to your liking
- The add and drop feature on WPForms allow you to drag items from the left side of your screen to the Newsletter form created by WPForms
- You can arrange the fields in the order of your preference by using the add and drop feature
- The GDPR Agreement section is also available on the left side of this and can be added to your newsletter form.
The GDPR field enables website owners to create complaint forms, and it serves as an agreement between website owners and visitors, stating that a visitor’s personal information can be saved on the website, which enables website owners to send marketing materials via email.
- The default language on the GDRP section can be changed by clicking on the field
How to activate the GDRP Form
- Go to “settings” on WPForms
- Select or mark the “GDRP Enhancements” option to enable its features
- With this enablement, website owners can disable some user details like IP address and agent data, disable cookies and access the GDPR section for WordPress forms created on the WPForms and MailChimp
- After building up or customizing the Newsletter form, click “Save.”
The next (second) step is to connect created form/forms to MailChimp
To do this;
- Go to “Marketing” on WPForms
- From the listed options, click on the “MailChimp” icon
- Click on the pop up “Add New Connection.”
- A new pop-up will appear, prompting you to “Enter a connection nickname,” this serves as a form of reference so that you can enter any name
- Select the “OK” option
- A new screen will appear, prompting you to add the “MailChimp API Key.”
- To get the API key of your MailChimp account, log in to your account
- Navigate to Profile
- Go to “Extras”
- Select “API Keys”
- You can copy the key and paste it in the field required on “WPForms.”
- Select the option “Add New Connection.”
After this, you have to enable the following set of instructions
- Select the MailChimp account to be used
- Choose the email list you want your customers to be added to after they subscribe to your Newsletter/form
- Select the “Email Address” field and other fields to be added to your MailChimp account after a customer subscribes
- If the “Conditional Logic” is available on your form, mark it, and the “double opt-in” option
- Ensure you save these settings
Setup Confirmations for Subscribed forms
There are three options for confirmations, and you can select any of the confirmations
- Message Confirmation; once your website visitors submit their forms, a simple message will be displayed, informing them that their form is being processed.
- Show Page; this directs visitors to a webpage on your website after form submission. It could be an appreciation/thank you page
- Redirect; this will direct your visitors to an entirely different website
The final step is to add the created to your website
With WPForms, you can add your forms to different areas on your website. To do this;
- Create a new post or page on your website and click on “Add Form.”
- Click on the dropdown menu and then “Add Form.”
- When you send this pot out, the subscribe form will be displayed on your website.
Now that you can set up a simple marketing email on your website with WPForms and MailChimp, you will enjoy better email marketing on your WordPress site.